Bel Ange Cognac
The vines of Bel Ange Cognac cover 23 hectares of prime Petite Champagne countryside. Four generations of knowledge has been handed down over the years, and today this independent vineyard produce both cognac and Pineau des Charentes. Owned and run by Dominic and Aymeric Lheritaud, they continue to produce eaux-de-vie in the traditional methods, offering a small but quality range that is sold directly to the public.
Bezoek Bel Ange: Meussac ,17800 Echebrune ,+33 (0)546963597 ,Visits all year around. Contact estate for opening hours. Other products by Bel Ange: Pineau des Charentes
History of Bel Ange Cognac
The story of Bel Ange Cognac stretches back over four generations, when the Lheritaud family took up farming the vines around their property in Echebrune. Tending the vineyards and creating wine from their fruits became a family passion – and every part of the cognac making process was carried out by family members. This priceless knowledge was handed down from father to son over four generations, and the secrets still remain in the Lheritaud family to this day.
Cognac Bel Ange Today
Today, Dominic and Aymeric Lheritaud carry on the family tradition of running Cognac Bel Ange. 90 per cent of the vines are planted with Ugni Blanc vines, and these are used solely to produce cognac. The remaining 10 per cent are Montils, Colombard and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes. From these the family produce their Pineau des Charentes.
News, Products and Prices
The estate produces a small but diverse range of cognacs. From the Bel Ange Cognac VSOP to the 30 year old Bel Ange Extra Paradisiaque, each is an artisan product that is both hand produced and beautifully presented.
Other products produced by the house include a red and white Pineau, as well as an extra old Pineau des Charentes entitled Bel Ange Old Pineau.
Visit Domaine Bel Ange
You can visit Cognac Bel Ange year round, seven days a week. Whilst no appointment is necessary, it’s recommended that you call ahead to check opening times. Once there, you can visit the distillery, winery and vineyards.