Moisans Ginetic Dry Gin
Moisans GINETIC Dry Gin: Combining Creativity with Craftsmanship
Moisans GINETIC Dry Gin is a small batch, handcrafted gin that is well and truly "made in France". Revealing notes of fresh citrus and a distinct touch of ginger, it makes a sublime spirit base to a cocktail, with bartenders appreciating both its beautiful design and bold flavors. As the gin industry has seen a significant boost in interest in recent years, GINETIC Dry Gin is set to become a staple in those bars who aren't afraid to experiment with contemporary creations from craft producers.
The Distillerie des Moisans, located in a small hamlet between Cognac and Angouleme, has been run back the Blu Legaret Family for three generations. Distillation and bottling all happen on site, ensuring quality control at every step of the creative process. The family has harnessed the ancestral expertise they have developed over the years, now applying the tradition and legacy of their predecessors to produce "French style" gin.
GINETIC Dry Gin is double-distilled in Charentais stills, utilizing Moisans' Cognac craftsmanship to produce a level of purity and crisp, clean flavors. The Dry Gin is gently heated in a bain-marie, soaking up subtle notes of berries and herbs. The broad selection of botanicals will surely inspire any mixologist passionate about gin, with notes of juniper, Jamaican pepper, lemon peel, Spanish cilantro, angelica and cinchona bark.
How to Enjoy:
The masters at Moisans have developed some cocktails in collaboration with master mixologists so you can enjoy this versatile Dry Gin by trying out these refined recipes.
- 1 fl. oz GINETIC Dry Gin
- 0.5 fl. oz rose syrup
- 0.25 fl. oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 fl. oz pink grapefruit juice
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- Ice cubes
- A few cardamom pods
- Gently crush the cardamom pods in the bottom of your shaker.
- Add the other ingredients and shake hard for 20 seconds.
- Double strain the cocktail into a tall glass (to make sure you've removed the cardamom pods).
- Optional: Top with sparkling water for a refreshing summer sipper.
- Garnish with some rose petals.
Orange Gin Fizz
- 2.5 fl. oz of GINETIC Dry Gin
- 1 egg white
- 6.5 fl. oz orange juice
- Dash of grenadine
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 6.5 fl. oz sparkling water
- Add your ingredients to the shaker except for the ice.
- "Dry" shake the ingredients for 30 seconds to mix the egg white well.
- Add ice and then "wet" shake for 30 seconds.
- Pour into a glass and top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with lime zest or orange slice.
Presentation of the Bottle:
The GINETIC Dry Gin is housed in a whimsical design that showcases the estate's originality and craftsmanship. Featuring a design of flapper girls, mustache-sporting men, penny farthings and hot air balloons, the unique label is reminiscent of the early 20th century and the prohibition era, revealing a rebellious and retro feel. The design will appeal to upmarket cocktail bars thanks to its eye catching design and more specifically its practical features, including a lipped neck to facilitate grasping the bottle from a speed rail or using it in flair mixology.