Your cartThere are no more items in your cart
- The Canal du Midi, completed in 1681 connected the Garonne to the Mediterranean Sea - considered to be one of the greatest construction works of the 17th century.
- The Via Domitia, constructed in 118 BC, was a Roman road which traversed the Languedoc to link Rome and Spain
- The Languedoc-Roussillon wine region is France’s largest wine producing region
- The economic center is Montpellier
- As for food specialties, think oysters from the Etang de Thau, a glass of crisp Picpoul de Pinet, and olive tapenade, amongst many others
- The staple cheeses are Roquefort and Pèlardon Climate: Mediterranean - mild winters, dry summers, moderate springs and falls