Your cartThere are no more items in your cart
- Climate: Mediterranean - mild winters, dry summers, moderate springs and falls
- The topography is much more rugged and mountainous than the neighboring Languedoc region.
- The Tramontane is a ferocious wind that blows from the north/northwest in the corridor between the Pyrenees and the Massif Central. It blows primarily in winter and spring and carries with it extreme gusts of cold wind.
- The Phoenicians brought early viticulture to the Roussillon in 624 BC.
- The Roussillon has the highest percentage of organic and biodynamic vineyards among all other French wine growing regions - in part thanks to the Tramontane.
- The seaside town of Collioure is known for its anchovy production.
- Looking for a balsamic vinegar substitute? Get your hands on a vinegar de Banyuls - you will not be disappointed!