Experience award-winning Cognac on a budget: Tesco VS Cognac
Recently we’ve seen a huge growth in own-brand spirits, with many British supermarkets producing their own line of brandies, but none seem to have mastered it to the level of this supermarket with their Tesco VS Cognac.
Aged in seasonal casks in cellars in the picturesque Cognac region, this rich and complex Cognac can easily stand alongside its more established competitors after winning numerous awards. This Very Special Cognac has been lovingly aged in Limousin oak casks, allowing the maturation of eaux-de-vie to produce exciting fruity flavors with hints of spices and vanilla.
Experience aromas of dried apricot and sweet vanilla, followed by a spicy finish on the palate.
How to Enjoy
A reasonably-priced, mellow Cognac like this makes it the ideal ingredient for a French Coffee, a perfect post-dinner digestif for your guests at any social occasion.
- Warm your glass/mug with hot water to ensure the content stays hot for longer.
- Once warmed, empty hot water out and add 1 oz. of Tesco VS and ½ oz. of triple sec (we like to use Grand Marnier).
- Top with coffee (espresso would be perfect, but freshly pressed from a cafetière is also suitable).
- Finish with a thin layer of shaken/whipped double cream (slowly pour onto a spoon over the coffee in order to achieve that aesthetic “layering” effect!).
- Optional: sprinkle a touch of cocoa powder or chocolate shavings on top. Enjoy!
Presentation of the Bottle
An elegant and classic Cognac bottle design, beautifully displaying the VS Cognac’s burnt caramel color.