Comandon Very Special Cognac
An award-winning Cognac that is remarkable for its young age. The Comandon VS Cognac is a masterpiece of some 40 eaux-de-vie from a range of prestigious terroirs in the region. Aged between 4 and 8 years, the eaux-de-vie are left to mature in red Limousin oak barrels to enhance the Cognac with light aromas. With expert blending and savoir faire, the result is a smooth and exceptionally fine VS. This Cognac is certainly worth celebrating hence its umpteen awards. As a limited release, Comandon choose to blend in small batches so once it’s been drunk, that’s it. The Comandon Very Special arrives in a smart looking decanter, and a bespoke box that will look fantastic on display.
Comandon Cognac and their unique savoir-faire
Unconventional and highly innovative, it’s no wonder Comandon collect so many awards. With two centuries of history dating back to the very town of Cognac itself, Comandon is the essence of Cognac heritage. That said, they do not cease in continuing to push boundaries in Cognac production by producing only small batches, and selecting only the finest eaux-de-vie from certain crus. They value fresh, young flavors that are better than the older eaux-de-vie, and this has proven successful in their quest to be a unique Cognac brand. As a family business, the savoir faire of blending eaux-de-vie has been passed down to the Vigneron family, and it is one of the few independent Cognac houses that still controls all aspects of production in house.
Comandon VS Awards
- 2015 Ultimate Spirits Challenge (New York) 92 points, Excellent, Highly Recommended
- 2014 World Spirits Competition (San Francisco) -Silver Medal for best tasting
- 2013 World Spirits Competition (San Francisco) - Silver Medal for best tasting 2012 World Spirits Competition (San Francisco), Gold Medal for best tasting
- 2011, World Spirits Competition (San Francisco), Silver Medal for best tasting
- WSWA Spirits Competition - Wine & Spirits Wholesaler of America, Silver Medal for best tasting
- 2010 World Spirits Competition (in San Francisco), Silver Medal for best tasting, Bronze medal and 3rd best cognac brand for “Best Package Design”
- 2010 Beverage Testing Institute, Silver Medal for highly recommended taste and 89 points
- 2010 WSWA Spirits Competition - Wine & Spirits Wholesaler of America, Silver Medal for best tasting
- 2010 Spirit Journal – Best Spirits edition by F. Paul Pacult, Recommended - *** Three Stars
- 2015 Ultimate Spirits Challenge, 92 Points, Excellent, Highly Recommended
Comandon VS Pairing
It pairs perfectly with cocktails, but can also be enjoyed neat.
About Comandon Cognac
Comandon is an independent Cognac house that continue to control all of their production in-house. Their philosophy lies in uniting traditional elegance and two centuries of savoir-faire with modernity and pushing the boundaries, which can be seen in their bespoke branding campaigns and unique internet presence. Think La Dolce Vita meets Armani.
With an extremely forward-thinking marketing agenda and a particularly hands-on approach when it comes to the music and entertainment industry, Comandon have carved themselves an interesting space for a niche approach to the Cognac business.
They do an exceptional job of producing small, artisanal batches that offer rare and limited glimpses into one particular terroir, or one exceptional harvest, whether the eaux-de-vie are younger or older. For this reason, they defy tradition in the Cognac world, who believe that “older is better” and producing the same Cognac year in, year out is the end objective. Comandon instead work in tandem with nature, initiating unique collaborations for their single cask collection, and never fearing experimentation.
With a history dating back around 200 years, the Cognac house continue to produce excellent Cognac and receive top-notch awards.
Read more about Comandon Cognac
Other Comandon Cognac bottles
See some blog posts related to Comandon VS Cognac
Other VS Cognac bottles
No customer comments for the moment.