Weekend Sale: up to 15% OFF Malternatives    SHOP NOW

Dudognon Napoléon Cognac

Cognac age

Learn more about the different Cognac ages here

Growth area

Learn more about the different growth areas here

Bottle size
Grape Varieties
10 % Montils, 90 % Ugni-Blanc
Dudognon Cognac

Best price guaranteed: You find it cheaper we match the price

Our price guarantee. If you find an online retailer that ships and sells this product at a cheaper total cost, we will price match.
Learn more

$ 87
excl. TAX excl. shipping

Tasting review

Show more Show less

Grape variety: 10% Montils, 90% Ugni-blanc.

Eye: Bright light yellow.

Nose: Pure and elegant, fruity notes, pineapple.

Palate: Full in the mouth and persistent, slightly woody. Spicy, opulent and fat, it keeps a certain freshness on the palate.

Growth area & soil: Blend

Bois Ordinaires
Bons Bois
Fins Bois
Petite Champagne
Grande Champagne


Introducing Dudognon Napoleon Cognac, a full-bodied yet fruity and fresh eaux-de-vie produced in the prestigious Grande Champagne terroir. This eaux-de-vie is uniquely produced with 90% Ugni-blanc grape variety and the other 10% from the Montils grape variety, which is a rare grape variety that was destroyed during the phylloxera crisis during the mid 1900s. Fortunately the Dudognon family have been taking the necessary measures to ensure the replanting of Montils (as well as Folle Blanche) can continue to take place on their vineyard which is nestled away in the village of Lignères-Sonneville. Due to the ideal chalky soils containing an excellent level of limestone, the land here almost always guarantees high quality grapes; and then it's over to the house of Dudognon to work their magic during the distilling and aging processes. 

The house of Dudogne is a family of winegrowers who have been operating since 1776. Having amassed generations of knowledge about wine-growing and the distillation processes required to create Cognac - the Dudogne family represent a quietly confident Cognac house that should not be under-estimated when it comes to their abilities in producing excellent quality Cognac.

Presentation of the bottle

The Dudognon Napoleon Cognac comes in a simplistic bottle design, with a gold embellished logo. Whilst presentation of this Cognac has been kept simple - the sweetness of the eaux-de-vie, with its notes of candied fruit and warm spices, invites you on a tasting experience that is far from the ordinary. 

How to enjoy

Napoleon Cognac is usually enjoyed as a digestive. The house of Dudognon recommends serving this particular eaux-de-vie alongside a dessert, as pairing with a homemade fruit pie or an exotic fruit salad is the perfect way to end an indulgent dinner when accompanied by guests.

Reviews (0)

Average rating

0 /100

About Dudognon Cognac

The family at Maison Dudognon have been distilling Cognac since 1776. Over the centuries, their efforts have resulted in many gold medals; the current owner Claudine, as well as her father and great-grandfather, have all been recognized for their skill and brilliance. Over the generations, they have nourished and worked the soil, respecting the delicate balance of the soil to produce quality grapes. Their location in the heart of the Grande Champagne region allows them to create outstanding eaux-de-vie, using Ugni Blanc grapes as well as more traditional varieties like Folle Blanche and Montils. In the name of tradition, Claudine also swears by the use of wood-fired stills - just like her ancestors did. 

Tel: +33 5 45 80 50 42 

Email: claudine@maisondudognon.com

Read more about Dudognon Cognac

See some blog posts related to Dudognon Napoléon Cognac

Mar 18, 2022

Cognac University

All About Floral Cognacs (+ 12 great examples)
Floral is a term that’s often used when describing the aroma and taste of a Cognac. Such technicalities can be difficult to understand—especially if you’re at the beginning of your Cognac tasting...
Feb 25, 2022

Cognac University

Cognac Malternatives
With the price of malt whisk(e)y on the rise, whisk(e)y lovers are becoming increasingly more drawn to the idea of seeking out appealing alternatives to their loyal spirit. Now more than ever, the...
Dec 28, 2021

All Articles

Cognac Connoisseur Morten’s favourite eaux-de-vie
Meeting Morten Cognac Expert’s Facebook group, Cognac Lovers is a space for our community to share and discuss their passion for eaux-de-vie and it currently stands at an impressive 2,700 members....
Oct 29, 2020

All Articles

Expensive Cognac Brands: Why are they so dear?
Have you ever walked through your favorite liquor store and noticed that Cognac seems to be, ahem—a little on the expensive side?  In many cases, it might be the most expensive liquor on the...
Product added to wishlist
Product added to compare.
To give you the best possible experience, this site uses cookies and by continuing to use the site you agree that we can save them.  Our Privacy Policy
You have successfully followed this brand