Pack each bottle as securely as possible, whilst maintaining the minimum volumetric weight of each parcel.
Each bottle should be packaged separately.
1. Use plain cardboard boxes
- Using a discreet white or brown cardboard box is helpful.
- Avoid displaying any information about the contained goods and their value.
2. Use double wall cardboard
- Please use double-wall cardboard. This strengthens the box during transit.
3. Secure bottles separately
- The bottle should be secured separately using bubble wrap or inflatables.
- We recommend using at least two layers of bubble wrap.
4. Take extra care when securing the cap/neck
- The cap and neck of the bottle should be specially secured to avoid impact damage.
- They should be tightly secured with an extra layer of protection.
5. Wrap the stopper separately
- Stoppers, particularly crystal stoppers, must be wrapped separately to the bottle.
- Use at least two layers of bubble wrap and place enough polystyrene chips between the stopper and bottle to avoid direct contact.
6. Fill up the box to avoid movement
- Pack the box with polystyrene chips or discs to stop the bottle from moving around.
- The logistic carriers can be rough when handling packages. Prepare for negligence and pack your box to avoid any damage.
7. Place any extra presentation boxes or packaging at the bottom
- Cardboard boxes can be placed pleated at the bottom of the box. If possible, fold the box.
- Never send the bottle in its presentation sleeve/box.
8. Carrier and Shipment
- We recommend using your national carrier (USPS, Canada Post, China Post etc.)
- Always ensure the shipment and make sure your package is tracked.
- Tracking information should be forwarded to Cognac Expert as soon as its available, along with the shipment receipt.